Thursday, October 14, 2010

gratitude.



This month, I challenged the design team to create a project using their favorite backgroud technique from an episode of StampTV.

One of my new favorites is Distressed Stripes. I love this technique because it creates somewhat of a pattern but it's not too busy. It's great when you need a masculine background or, when you just need a simple backdrop for any kind of card project.

Here is my card from the StampTV episode that was featured a couple of weeks ago.

And here is the episode if you'd like to learn to how to do this technique:
Distressed Stripes

Now, it's time to hop through the design team's blogs and see their favorite background techniques and the beautiful projects they've created!



I hope you enjoy this month's inspiration!


Have a great evening~


Hugs,


Gina K.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful technique Gina and LOVE the stripes, just a perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and great technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do need to try this technique out still! It's just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After watching the video several weeks
    ago, I tried it. I really liked how it
    turned out. I decided to use the piece to
    cut out butterflies using the ridge for the
    center of the body. Worked great. Thanks for
    the tutorial videos.
    Gladys

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look of this background technique! It's perfect with these leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect for a masculine card, yes! Such a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Gina! I love the colors and the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Gina! I love the colors and the technique you used. I signed up for the email subscription but I haven't gotten one yet. I hope it's working because I hate to miss anything! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this backround technique - makes great fall cards as well as guy cards!!!
    I have had a great time this month - Thanks again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep meaning to try this one! LOVE the look, awesome Ms. Gina!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful inspiration, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gina -

    So glad you are feeling well enough to play with your stamps. Sending good thoughts your way.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this technique... I am going to give it a go soon! Thanks for this hop! It brings so many techniques back to the front of our fun things to do file!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found Gina and Theresa's work just awesome, it involves a lot of creativity. I'm so inspired that I'm surely going to try this new technique in some handmade cards and envelopes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely designs..

    Keep it up. You rocked dear..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was looking at the gallery...saw so many stamps that I want...pics went by too fast...how can I find out what they are called? How do I order them?
    Thanks...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. just got this new blog address from the old one, looking forward to new designs!

    ReplyDelete