Sunday, October 24, 2010


We're having the nicest Autumn here in Wisconsin. Last night, my daughter went to the mall with her friends and she wore shorts and a T-shirt. I know this weather won't last forever but I sure am enjoying every minute of it!

I was playing around with some quilt fabric and I made this pumpkin using the stamps from the Autumn Splendor StampTV and some of the Spellbinders Leaves dies.

It's very easy to make. All I did was cut a flat quarter into a circle. Then, I added a huge ball of stuffing in the center. Then, I grabbed two opposite sides and put in one stitch. I grabbed the other two opposite sides and put in one stitch. Then, I tucked everything else in. I wrapped it with twine to created the segments and decorated the top with die cut leaves and a tag.

I hope you are having a wonderful Autumn where you are too!


Gina K.


  1. This is absolutely adorable! I just had the idea of turning this into a present of sorts. Maybe keeping a bit of the "stuffing" but putting a gift of candy or something yummy inside. Wouldn't that be a fun gift to get?
    Thanks for the inspiration!

  2. great idea, Gina! Thanks for sharing it.

  3. Very nice pumpkin and tag! Has been a nice fall here in Michigan too!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

  4. Cute! We made something similar a few years ago at church. We wrapped the fabric around a roll of toilet paper.

  5. Fantastic Gina! What an awesome idea.

  6. Such a great idea Gina! Cute tag :o) Loving this fall weather, it is mild here too but the leaves are gorgeous!!!

  7. very pretty fabric, and it sounds easy enough, another good idea for the leaf dies!