Sunday, October 24, 2010

autumn




We're having the nicest Autumn here in Wisconsin. Last night, my daughter went to the mall with her friends and she wore shorts and a T-shirt. I know this weather won't last forever but I sure am enjoying every minute of it!

I was playing around with some quilt fabric and I made this pumpkin using the stamps from the Autumn Splendor StampTV and some of the Spellbinders Leaves dies.

It's very easy to make. All I did was cut a flat quarter into a circle. Then, I added a huge ball of stuffing in the center. Then, I grabbed two opposite sides and put in one stitch. I grabbed the other two opposite sides and put in one stitch. Then, I tucked everything else in. I wrapped it with twine to created the segments and decorated the top with die cut leaves and a tag.


I hope you are having a wonderful Autumn where you are too!

Hugs,

Gina K.






















11 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! I just had the idea of turning this into a present of sorts. Maybe keeping a bit of the "stuffing" but putting a gift of candy or something yummy inside. Wouldn't that be a fun gift to get?
    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, Gina! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice pumpkin and tag! Has been a nice fall here in Michigan too!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! We made something similar a few years ago at church. We wrapped the fabric around a roll of toilet paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Gina! What an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea Gina! Cute tag :o) Loving this fall weather, it is mild here too but the leaves are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty fabric, and it sounds easy enough, another good idea for the leaf dies!

    ReplyDelete